Pages

Saturday 10 September 2016

Thirty Paintings in Thirty Days, September 2016 – Day 10

This peaceful drawing does not convey the small disaster that happened right before I started this drawing.
I dropped my beloved Pentel Aquash WaterBrush in the water!
I was having a small brake, put down my brush, I looked away for a second and it started rolling, fell on the wooden bridge I had chosen as my workspace and slipped through the cracks! With a small splash it landed in the water!
I first feared I had lost my brush forever but soon noticed it floating under the bridge, right in the middle. Panicky I tore a reed from the ground and started poking at the brush. Slowly it moved to the side of the bridge. I moved to the side of the bridge and lying flat on my belly I used the reed to move it towards me and that’s how I got it back.

Amsterdamse Bos/ Amsterdam Forest, bistre & pencil, 24 x 30 cm

No comments:

Post a Comment