Pages

Friday 2 September 2016

Thirty Paintings in Thirty Days, September 2016 – Day 2

The first time I had to sit down and draw nature was during highschool. I say ‘had to’ because I didn’t like it at all!
My teacher was very pleased with the result but I wasn’t. To me nature was utterly chaos and I couldn’t decide what was important and what not, I didn’t feel like I was making well considered decisions what to draw and what to leave out.
Until this day I feel the same way about drawing (in) nature. There’s so much going on: branches, leaves, twigs, shrubbery, it’s just too much!!
But I do love nature. That’s why I decided that drawing outside in nature would be the challenge for the 30 Paintings in 30 Days challenge of this September.


Amsterdamse Bos/ Amsterdam Forest, bistre & pencil, 24 x 30 cm

No comments:

Post a Comment